2022 OHIO STATE USBC YOUTH – PEPSI CHAMPIONSHIPS
STATE RULES AND FORMAT
- This tournament is certified by the United States Bowling Congress (Certification #4950 and #4961) and shall be governed by USBC rules. Competition is based on scratch scores for all divisions of the Ohio State Youth – Pepsi Championships.
- This tournament is a one-time entry. If an individual who qualified cannot participate in the State competition, additional State advancers will be eligible based on the order in which they finished in the District level competition.
- Advancement ratio from the District level competition to the State level competition is one (1) out of every two (2) entries, or major fraction thereof, including last-place ties. In all cases, at least one (1) individual per division shall advance. The advancement ratio shall be applied uniformly to all eligible divisions.
- Advancers out of the league level must remain in the division they qualified in during all subsequent levels. If a bowler advances out of league level in more than one District, the bowler must declare one District to continue competing before the next competition level. Participation in any level of competition past the league level in more than one District will result in automatic disqualification.
- State competition will take place for all divisions at Columbus Square Bowling Palace, 5707 Forest Hills Blvd, Columbus, OH 43231, on April 29th & 30th, May 1st, 6th, 7th, and 8th, 2022.
- Participants & parents/guardians must be aware of each competition level in the State/District and all associated rules, fees, and deadlines.
- Deadline for ON-LINE REGISTRATION is April 11, 2022 at 11:59:59. No refunds will be given once the confirmation has been issued. Additional state advancer bowlers must receive consideration in the order the bowler placed in their division.
- Competition shall be conducted in ten (10) divisions total:
- U 8 Boys whose birthdate is 8/1/2013 or later U 8 Girls
- U10 Boys whose birthdate is 8/1/2011 thru 7/31/13 U10 Girls
- U12 Boys whose birthdate is 8/1/2009 thru 7/31/11 U12 Girls
- U15 Boys whose birthdate is 8/1/2006 thru 7/31/09 U15 Girls
- U18 Boys whose birthdate is 8/1/2003 thru 7/31/06 U18 Girls
These divisions are based on the participant’s date of birth as of July 31, 2022. The U8 and U10 divisions will bowl three (3) games on the same pair of lanes at the State level; the U12, U15, and U18 divisions will bowl six (6) games on the same pair of lanes at the State level.
- State level entry fee:
For U8 and U10 divisions: For U12, U15, and U18 divisions:
Awards & scholarships: $ 12.00 Awards & scholarships: $13.00
Lineage & expenses: 13.00 Lineage & expenses: 22.00
Total fee $ 25.00 Total fee $35.00
No refunds will be given once the confirmation has been issued.
Awards and Scholarship fees are returned 100% to the bowlers.
Scholarships will be administered by the National USBC SMART Program (account #8540). Please contact SMART (1-800-514-2695, ext 8292) or write to: USBC, SMART Program, 621 Six Flags Dr., Arlington, TX 76011.
- Dress code: Entrants are expected to wear suitable attire. Use good judgment when selecting the appropriate attire. Examples of prohibited attire include but are not limited to: short shorts or any shorts, pants hanging showing underwear and/or body parts, headgear/headwear, T-shirts with alcohol or cigarette advertisements, sleeveless shirts/blouses or tank tops. Bowlers will be required to change if attire is deemed inappropriate by the Tournament Director. The Tournament Director’s decision will be final. Failure to comply with any dress code rule will result in a verbal warning and apparel change (if applicable). Second offense will result in disqualification from the tournament. Please be presentable. Inappropriate language or gestures or gambling will not be permitted. Electronic devices (including cell phones) will not be permitted on the approach during delivery.
- Tobacco products, e-cigarettes, or alcohol will not be allowed by the athletes or guests on the concourse or in the settee area during competition.
- Bowlers must show a current USBC membership card at check-in. If they do not have a current membership card, they can go to bowl.com under “Find a Member” and follow the prompts to print a card. (Effective July 1, 2016 you must have a current USBC membership number to create a user ID and password to access “Find a Member”.)
- No substitutes will be permitted. However, the next bowler in line from the same District may be used as a replacement for a bowler who has indicated that they would not be able to participate in the tournament.
- Competitors shall be allowed ten (10) minutes of practice prior to their starting time on their assigned lanes only. There will be no bowling by tournament bowlers on the tournament lanes prior to the start of the tournament on their scheduled tournament day. A bowler may only receive (1) re-rack per game and must be approved by a tournament official.
- Bowlers arriving late shall begin play with the frame then being bowled. Frames missed shall be credited with a zero. Frames may not be made up. Bowlers not present to bowl when it is their turn will be credited with a zero for that frame.
- Claims for errors in scoring or general playing rules must be made to the Tournament Director no later the start of the next block or thirty (30) minutes after the completion of the competition. Questionable errors shall be decided upon by the Tournament Director. All other protests must be confirmed in writing to the State Tournament Director within seventy-two (72) hours. Under this rule, each protest must be specific.
- Symbolic awards will be given to all bowlers in each of the divisions who participate in the state level finals.
- Scholarships will be awarded at a ratio of one (1) out of every seven (7) entries per division or major fraction thereof, including last place ties, and based on the number of entries received at the state level in each division.
- The highest qualifier – both girl and boy – in the 12 and under, 15 and under, and 18 and under divisions will receive one paid entry into the 2022 Junior Gold Championships, July 16-23, 2022 in Battle Creek, MI provided by USBC National Headquarters. If the 12 and under, 15 and under, 18 and under division champion is unable to attend and participate in the 2022 Junior Gold Championships the athlete will still retain the state scholarship, but the berth to the 2022 Junior Gold Championships will be awarded to the next eligible Junior Gold Member athlete. Winners are not confirmed as national finalists until they receive a confirmation letter from USBC. ADVANCERS TO THE 2022 JUNIOR GOLD CHAMPIONSHIPS WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT, COACH OR GUARDIAN.
- All participants & parents/guardians agree to allow the Ohio State USBC to use their photograph for publicity purposes. In the event the Ohio State USBC arranges for telecasts or broadcasts of the tournament, it would be without cost to participants/parents/guardians and participants/parents/guardians would not share any revenue derived therefrom.
- USBC rules will govern all bowling during the tournament. The Tournament Director will be responsible for enforcing the rules and resolving disputes during the tournament. Only tournament officials and bowlers are permitted in the bowling area. The bowler, by voluntary participation in the Championships, agrees to comply with the final decision of the Tournament Director.
Ohio State USBC Pepsi Tournament Director:
E-mail: [email protected]